Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello from Mindy

Genealogy Genuis.....(blush). Well I don't know about that but it sure is fun stuff to do. I am so excited for this blog. And am hoping for interaction from all our family. The more I hear from you, the more I compile. I am hoping to someday have enough to write a book on our wonderful family. Like Laura said we are from Steuben County, New York. I am hoping to share all I have learned with you all. Such wonderful history we have. We come from a famous Colonel that fought with General Washington and General LaFayette. Colonel Eleazer Lindsley is the farthest I have made it but only for the time being. I however think I will start closer to us and to give everyone a good idea of who we are. And so we all know a little bit more about the people closest to us.

I will be, eventually, posting a link to a full description of our family tree. Which is quite large. I am unable to put it all on the blog at one time.

Please if you see something that is wrong, don't hesitate to let one of us know. And we will work to find the truth. I have a lot of information and am sure there are mistakes in there. Genealogy is long process that takes lots of work and time. I try to verify all my information where possible. But even some of my resources have mistakes in them.

I don't have pictures for a lot of the people that I will talking about. But I hope you still enjoy the history that comes with each telling. I appreciate anything anyone may be able to contribute. Like Laura said let one of us know. I hope that you all enjoy this blog as much as we are going to enjoy creating it for you.


1 comment:

How many super-cool people have stopped by?